The Phoenix test lab is equipped with some of the latest technology including:
- Thermal imaging camera combined with Phoenix software to give real time multi zone temperature closed loop control
- Laser pyrometry measuring up to 1600°C, capable of automatically compensating for emissivity changes of the material surface due to oxidisation and surface changes during the test
- 15kW Induction heating system
- Infra-red emitters to heat samples up to 1000°C
- Air amplifiers to enable controlled cooling rates by either external cooling or internal cooling for hollow samples
- Phoenix Environmental Chambers suitable for testing under vacuum, inert gas or corrosive gas environments
- Three zone furnace for heating up to 1200°C, the bore is 150mm diameter enabling elevated temperature testing of larger samples, components and assemblies
- High temperature extensometers
- Other heating methods include hot air, temperature controlled water baths giving control from -10°C up to 70°C.
High temperature and environmental testing is currently an area of huge interest to some key sectors, click here to learn more about how Phoenix is at the forefront in the development of this technology.